1) SQUAD CAP: There is a strict squad cap of 25 players. Managers may not go over this cap at any point. Youth players, loaned-in players, and loaned-out players all count towards the cap. If this cap is broken, the offending team will must sell their highest valued player to an external club immediately. If the cap is broken by 2, they must sell their two highest valued players to an external club immediately, and so on. Should a team break the squad cap for a second time, they will face a season long transfer ban, as well as selling their highest rated player(s).
EXCEPTIONS: For winning the Cup or Shield, a team wins the right to buy a player of their choice from an external club, unchallenged, regardless of rating, and therefore increasing their squad cap by one. The runner up is permitted to buy any player rated 89 or below from an external club, unchallenged, and therefore increasing their squad cap by one. This extra player may be bought immediately after the results of the respective finals. This is to provide greater incentives for the cups. SMFA tournaments and play-off finals are not included.
Internazionale now have a squad cap of 26 after winning the Cup in Season 1.
Feyenoord now have a squad cap of 26 after winning the Shield in Season 1.
Real Madrid now have a squad cap of 28 after winning the Cup in Season 2 and Season 4 and finishing as runners-up in Season 3.
Arsenal now have a squad cap of 26 after winning the Shield in Season 2.
Barcelona now have a squad cap of 29 after finishing as runners-up in both the Cup and the Shield in Season 1, runners-up in the Shield in Season 2, and winning the Shield in Season 3.
Porto now have a squad cap of 27 after winning the Cup in Season 3 and the Shield in Season 4.
Bayern Munich now have a squad cap of 26 after finishing as runners-up in the Shield in Season 3.
2) TRANSFERS: Clubs may purchase players of any rating from external, managed or unmanaged teams.
If a transfer deal is agreed between two managed clubs, it may not be cancelled without the full agreement of both parties. If an agreement is broken this will result in a one month transfer ban (a season ban for more than one offense). Proof from the accusing manager will be needed in the event of a dispute. The final decision will be that of the GW owner.
3) LOANS: All loans must be season long, unless agreed otherwise by both managers. If a loan is agreed between both managers to be recalled in the event of injuries or suspensions, at least 24 hours notice must be given. If loan agreements are broken this will result in a one month transfer ban (a season ban for more than one offense). Proof from the accusing manager will be needed in the event of a dispute. The final decision will be that of the GW owner.
If your club reaches the play-offs, these games must be played with your current squad, loans and any new transfers. Loaning players specifically for the play-off games is not permitted and will result in a one month transfer ban for the managers of both clubs involved in the loan agreement.
4) MANAGER APPOINTMENTS: If a managerial vacancy becomes available, a manager currently in the GW can apply for a vacant position within the game. A thread will ask for interested candidates to put their name down. 24 hours later, a second thread will ask the managers of the GW to vote for their choice. After 24 hours the vote is concluded and the winner is announced. Managers must have been at their current club for at least 10 games, and only one move per season is allowed. Transfer-banned managers cannot apply to move clubs until their ban has ended.
Managers are responsible for their own conduct in the GW. Banter, rivalry and debate are encouraged. Personal abuse is not.
Managers will be expected to log in at least every 10 days. Failure to do so will result in you losing your club. In the event that there is a reason why you may not be able to log in for a longer period than this, please contact the GW owner.
5) MANAGER OF THE MONTH: There will be a manager of the month award for each division and end of season votes for managers of the year within each division. Previous winners can be found in the 'Hall of Fame' section.